Monday, April 12, 2010

Indoor triathlon: great effort

I competed in Lifetime Fitness' indoor triathlon series yesterday. It's my 4th one there (of 10 that I've done), and still enjoy it. I love indoor triathlons whether I organize them or not (especially the races I organize).

Anyway, still going on my theme of "I may not be the fastest or the best, I still have a blast," here's how I did:
  • 10-min swim - 17.5 lengths (not 100% sure if the pool was 25m/25yd/30m?) and this is with goggle malfunctions (probably would have been closer to 19, but hey, what can I say?) Also, I wanted to SLUG the girl who was sharing a lane with me, she didn't understand how to swim straight, in a pool no less!
  • 30-min bike - 12.3 mi (on Spinner bikes, I can't stand them, and I'm not a fan of the grinding feel feel under my feet...) felt good, and used the songs as motivation, as I do when leading a spin class
  • 20-min bike - 1.73 mi (treadmill) again, felt good, I started a little too slow, but finished around a 6.8/7.0 mph, so can't complain too much
As you can see, I'm quite the turtle in comparison to the others that competed, but I still had fun. And I even had time to go to the bathroom and set up my bike before most people in my wave transitioned from the swim to run. TAKE THAT!

I'm happy with my pace, happy that I completed it, and even though I missed out on Saturday night's activities, my workout was over by 10:15 am. When did YOU finish your workout? ;)

Until next time, I'm No Ironman but I Still Tri.

UPDATED: Stats from previous races at same location:

Nov 2009:
  • Swim - 19 lengths
  • Bike - 12 miles
  • Run - 1.86 miles

Feb 19, 2009:
  • Swim - 16 lengths
  • Bike - 12.3 miles (man, am I predictable)
  • Run - 1.65 miles

Overall, I'm dead on, and somewhat predictable. Here's how I'll use this to improve, but still, I'm very content with these numbers, and couldn't be happier!

No comments:

Post a Comment