Quite a lot has happened in 8 months, most importantly I'm getting married! In December my then boyfriend proposed to me over a surprise weekend in Las Vegas. We're tying the knot later this year and needless to say, it's been a busy 8 months. Since the Corn Maze 5k in OCTOBER I've accomplished the following:
- Continued yoga practice at CorePower Yoga
- Tailgate 5k with Leigh Ann, Gail and her friends (so fun)
- Hot Chocolate 5k with Lori
- New license plate!
- Running biomechanics clinic with Janet Leet of SUB5
- Engaged in Vegas!
- Lululemon Warehouse Sale in January 2012 with Sarah (#unsupervisedshopping)
- Continued #unsupervisedshopping
- The Color Run 5k (Go look at my videos!) although we walked to stay colorful
- SELF Workout in the Park with Dolvette of the Biggest Loser!
- Signed up for:
- Glo Run 5k (this Saturday night!)
- Twin Lakes Sprint Triathlon - June 24
- Glenview Sprint Triathlon - July 29
- Danskin Women's Triathlon - August 26
- Hell Run - September 1
So between wedding plans, starting a new business with my fiance, continuing my full-time job (which I love), and sticking with my endurance and yoga practice, it's been busy.
|Reward for running|
Ask me how many times I've been in the pool this year? Twice. How many open water swims? Zero. How many times on the bike? 4-5. How many outdoor rides this year? Zero. So between this and my running pain, next week's triathlon should be interesting, as it was last year. Although, I just reread it and my words gave me a new perspective on this awful pain. I race because I love it, and if I'm slow I'm out there enjoying my hobby. I can't find a picture of it, but my new license plate reads TRI IT. Double meaning too; meaning I encourage people to always try things with me, and of course, triathlons.
IL residents have a nack for vanity license plates, and ever since I could figure it out I've always wanted one. This year we made it happen! I'm a sucker for it but it's very true to me.
Thanks for reading. Up next: Glo Run 5k and next weekend's triathlon.
I'm No Ironman but I Still Tri
|Alumni Tailtage 5k|
|Flattering, I know. But the bus speaks the truth.|
|F'in freezing but full! The amount of chocolate |
and sugar actually made me a bit sick.