Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blue Cheese Stuffed Olives and Twix

This week is shaping up to be interesting. I've lost some interest in training, probably due to the fact that I was very physically exhausted last week. This happens every year, right around this time of my training. Okay, fine. I can move on. I also had a crummy workout last night, could barely get through the swim, and was super tight during the run. Blah. A drill we worked on last night was working on our positive and negative thoughts. We would swim towards a location thinking negative thoughts, and on the return we'd only focus on positive thoughts. While it was a great drill, it gave me an excuse to start crabbiness. It was a perfect storm, and I was just downright crabby last night. It's ridiculous, even my new Lululemon purchase arrived today and I'm somewhat apathetic to it. (rolls eyes.)

Trying to shake it off and get excited for my two adventures this week: the Fleet Feet Elvis is Alive 5k tomorrow and the She Bangs Sprint Triathlon on Sunday. I have no idea how I'm going to perform tomorrow night for the 5k, but if I hydrate enough tonight and tomorrow and avoid crappy eating it could turn out well. I'll be running with a few friends so I'm hoping they'll distract me.

The sprint triathlon on Sunday is part of the multisport festival, with the inaugural women's sprint triathlon. I know I'll be amongst great company, just hoping I can shake this stupid attitude before then. I know it's all a part of the little resentment I get around week 10 of my official triathlon training.

Bottom line, I need the next few days to refocus, shape up, and get my head back in the game. Even writing it makes me feel better. If you have a(n) insightful quote/Twix bar/stiff cocktail to spare please send it my way, I'll take it. But please if the stiff cocktail comes with a garnish, a blue cheese stuffed olive will do just fine. A Twix bar in a cocktail is just bizarre.

 



Thanks for reading. (Now, where's my hidden stash of chocolate?)


I'm No Ironman, but I Still Tri.

P.S. I feel substantially better. Thanks to the "preview" button for lifting my spirits.

No comments:

Post a Comment